Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just the begining

While I have been a jewelry designer for quite some time; blogging is completely new to me. I feel very vulnerable putting down this type of information about myself. This is what my children do; not full grown women.

Currently we find our economy in the crapper. Now, if you have ever tried to sustain a small business, you know that these are, "the best of times" and the "worst of times". ("HOW CAN SHE SAY THAT?" you ask.) They are the worst, because as a small business owner, you can never count on a specific income. You buy your materials, produce your item and get it to the public. With jewelry this is a hit or miss proposition. One week you are everyone's darling and the next, you cant sell a thing! If, during a recession, you are able to sell anything; well "BONUS", you can buy more supplies and start the whole process over! But, a recession can also be the "best of times"!

I am using this time to learn new techniques and venture into a completely new areas. I also intend to get my business plan together and this "blog" is a part of that. I don't want to spend the rest of my life, selling jewelry to my tiny corner of the world. This blog will allow me to go WORLDWIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment